Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Titanic Museum Attraction

(This is not located in Chattanooga, however it's within a couple hours driving distance so I decided to share it on here)


I have been to several different Titanic museums throughout the years.  The Titanic and ocean liners are my thing.  So naturally when they opened one in Piegon Forge, TN, just a couple hours from where I live, I had to go check it out.

One thing that was different about this museum from the beginning was odviously the fact that it looks like a mini Titanic.  Every other Titanic exhibit I had been to has been either traveling or semi-permanent so they have either been in hotels, convention centers, or at other museums so It really is a cool site when you're driving down the street and then suddenly a Titanic appears out of no where!  


Another thing that I love about this museum is the many recreations of rooms and areas on the Titanic that they have.  There is something so nastolgic about walking down a first class hallway, walking up the grand staircase, or standing on Titanic's bridge!  I also love that they have an area for kids.  The last time we went I brought my two year old and he really enjoyed the different activities in the Tot-tanic area.

The only advantage I would say that the other museums and exhibits that I have been to have over the Titanic Museum Attraction is the artifacts.  Other exhibits have seems to have more variety or more rare artifacts.  However, Titanic Museum Attraction does not "grave rob" (taking stuff out of the Titanic) to get their artifacts so I greatly respect that.  They only have artifacts that humans carried off of the Titanic with them or that were floating in the ocean after it sank.  They also have some items off other White Star Line ships.

There are also other great sections of the museum, one being an amazing photo gallery of long lost pictures taken aboard the Titanic, and they have special exhibits that they change out annually, the current one is an exhibit on Margaret "Molly" Brown.  At the end of the tour there is also a wonderful gift shop that sells many Titanic souvenir items along with recreated items.

For more information please visit: http://www.titanicpigeonforge.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment